Sunday, March 11, 2012

Educating blindness

Once again, the senses! Becoming an image consultant or photographer or heart healthy consultant, engages a competency framework for human development. First of all, I had to read three books. One on becoming fabulous by Jobity was 10 chapters & completed. The other is .... 26 chapters and I have only read 10 chapters. Yet another that coincides with my job is about 8000 pages and I have only read about 1000 pages. This is in addition to my weekend chores of being a mother, wife, daughter, sister to a disabled brother and an aunt. A very busy schedule I might add.
Let's talk about becoming fabulous! Here's a list of things to do:
1) determine if u are warm or cool tone
2) determine if u are pear shape, inverted triangle, hour-glass or rectangular.
3) determine your colours to match your tone
4) determine your sense of style, are you traditional sophisticated with a touch of romance like Mrs Obama and Kate Middleton, well blended, I must add. Or are you eclectic with a touch of outdoors like moi? Nobody could be the perfect seductress that was Marilyn Munroe or the perfect diva like Lady Gaga.
Now with your sense of sight or foresight, you are well on your way to becoming an image consultant :-) Good-luck!
Photography I always thought was easy. Just press a button, especially with all the gadgets around. But no! The sense of touch, feel, sight and speech is ever present minus the sound of hearing to my limited knowledge thus far since I have not completed my readings.
There is a rule of thirds and a rule of space within the composition of a photo that makes it an art. Yet, as I discover lighting & there are so many different types of lighting from hard top to soft top to dimensional to side lighting, not to mention bounce flash & all these determine texture shadow depth effects. Of course you must decide on an expensive lens, one that will not diffract light. This brings me to conclude that photography is really the science of lighting!
My time is running out, I must attend to my daytime job so I'm heading off to rest my senses already so distracted by the many chores of life. I guess my 'golden hours' do not co-incide with the photographer's hours. It is almost mid-night in my country, so till next time, adios amigos ;-)

1 comment:

Sherly Chen said...

"A life lived for service to humanity, is a life worth living for" Mother Theresa quote.