Thursday, March 1, 2012

Chi (Part 2)

So Dr Glenville Ashby had a talk with Willi Chen in provoking 'what's inside the Chinese mind'
Trinidad Guardian Thursday March 1st 2012, page A30
Chi was interpreted as 'Gensim, sak... ju chon'
This 'chi' inspired aphorism translates rightly, - 'if you make up your mind, you can shatter a stone'
So I consulted the elders, LOL
Ha....my traditionals have told me 'Gensim, gong ted, mow... sinjim'
Another 'chi' inspired aphorism that translates, if you makeup your mind, then you can make a pin out of the biggest piece of iron through perseverance, commitment, persistent dedication and continuous improvement.
Now there are many lessons here.
An old rusty piece of iron, do you know the difficulty that lies in making a small shiny pin out of that?
Out of big ugly seemingly unimportant can come something anew, useful, and innovatively so.
So said, so done. The rest is solely chinese history!
This brings me back to my other yellow buddy's teachings that I learnt in Western schools of management thought. It's the words 'kaizen' & 'mudda'. In Japanese language, this translates to simply, continuous learning & continuous improvement.
The reason I stress 'yellow buddy teachings' is not to be expressive of race, but rather back to my focus on the colour of multiple intelligences.
And this leads me to the artists & me.... liking the artistic creative capabilities of the unimaginative mind. Not that I am an artist, but then, so what?

No comments: